While there are not a lot of studies on how CBD affects the human body during pregnancy, we do know that CBD helps with many of the symptoms of pregnancy.
CBDs helps with the following common conditions that many pregnant women are faced with:
- Vomiting and Nausea
- Post-partum depression
- Premature contractions
- Chronic pain
- Morning sickness
Researchers concluded CBD was effective in overall pain management without adverse side effects. (1)
CBD can assist the body by activating the neurotransmitter known as 5hydroxytryptamine. This is the neurotransmitter that assists the body in slowing down expulsion reflexes which assist in decreasing vomiting and nausea.
A common symptom of pregnancy is post-partum depression and anxiety. CBD induces rapid-acting antidepressant-like effects and also helps reduce anxiety. (2)
According to one study from the Journal of the Society for Reproduction and Fertility, CBD, as well as THC, can reduce uterine contractions. (3)
The 1st trimester of a pregnancy is normally accompanied by morning sickness. Preliminary findings show that CBD activates 5-HT1A. This is a monoamine neurotransmitter, also known as Serotonin. When the neurotransmitter is activated, it results in reducing nausea sensation. Researchers note that CBD reduces nausea as well as vomiting significantly. (4)
Finally, immediately after birth, cannabinoid CB1 receptor activation appears to play an essential role in the initiation of suckling, which is necessary for successful postnatal development and growth. (5)
- Cannabidiol changes P-gp and BCRP expression in trophoblast cell lines
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: Potential Role of Endocannabinoids Signaling
- Lasting impacts of prenatal cannabis exposure and the role of endogenous cannabinoids in the developing brain
- Multiple Roles for the Endocannabinoid System During the Earliest Stages of Life: Pre- and Postnatal Development
- The Endocannabinoid-CB Receptor System: Importance for development and in pediatric disease
The content of this page is controlled and sourced by A Third Party, who are in no way affiliated with the Natural Life Corporation.